View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Let's face it...

If the priority of all members was to do an album, to be creatively active, we would have had an album a long time ago. Lindsey could have very well said to the band that he would not tour if there was no new material. As much as he continues to discuss new songs, he has seemed more than willing to just go and tour the hits (keep in mind, this is the THIRD tour in a row without any new album - the EP hardly qualifies). This is a band that seemed to lose the spark of working in the studio together a long time ago. Yes, Lindsey and Christine have been producing new music and they do seem very happy with how it has been going. However, at the end of the day it seems like a side note to all of the band. Fleetwood Mac will continue to be a greatest hits touring act until they call it a day. I think we will be lucky to get some solo work, but as a band they fully realize that the money is in the touring, and touring behind songs from their heyday (it is quite something to think that the most recent songs featured in the On With The Show tour were written in 1986/1987!).

Don't get me wrong, they still do put on one hell of a rock show. However, from an artistic standpoint, they seem to have lost whatever it is that drove them to write all of the incredible material from their previous studio work (I would argue that they lost it after Tusk, despite some stellar individual tracks from the 80s).