View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by 4Buck
Buck’s parents were affluent, as were Nicks’... and they most likely would help them out financially, as both Nicks and Buckingham were extremely close to their parents.

Buckingham inherited $10,000 from a rich aunt in the early ‘70s which enabled him to not work for two years as well as buy recording equipment. ($10,000 was a lot of money back then.)

She still is the most braggadocio about her successes. It was Nicks that was bragging in interviews about the group having 7 limos, a private jet……. and then remember this:

Nicks insists on taking her furniture from a Bel Air mansion the band rented while recording their latest album, Say You Will. "I lived with that furniture for almost a year, so it feels like home. When I walk into my dressing room, I want to be cozy," Nick said.

By revealing this extravagant living to the press, how do you think fans feel who can’t afford concert tickets?

And Cammie’s right. Lindsey was hired to do a double album…..
then why did stevie go to work to pay their rent back then?

How did it look when they told lindsey how much the concert tickets prices were and he made like he didnt know and stated im not really involved with that like tom petty may be. as for stevie and lindseys way of living, they earned it, ma and dad, well off as they may be, didnt just pay the way for them. personally compared to the eagles, stones and other bands from this era, 125.00 is cheaper than what the eagles got for their reunion tour . im not saying that everyone can afford 125.00 tix price, but if people couldnt, they shouldnt go. if it relfected in their concert attendance and sales, then im sure ticket prices would be lowered. but if they sell, its not the bands fault.
and 10,000 dollars may be a lot of money, but it wasnt a huge enough salary even then, to not have to work for 2 yrs and have enough left to buy equipment. stevie worked and paid the rent and bills.