View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Tango is mostly a Lindsey solo album and lacking a full group effort. As Lindsey said once, Tango was similar to Tusk in that he did many things by himself without lots of input from the rest of the band. Mick and John take a back seat to Lindsey's programmed drums and bass. Stevie is layered in on songs like Family Man and Everywhere. Her songs are rushed and not the greatest since she spent such little time in the studio.
Having said all that...there are still some cool stuff like the demos of Little Lies and Isn't it Midnight. I WOULD LOVE to hear if the band ever recorded What has rock n roll ever done for you. That would be so cool!
I think Christine dominates a lot of Tango as well. She had 2 huge hits. Isn't It Midnight is amazing, Mystified is awesome to my ears. I love You And I.. (both of them).. Yes, his production does take over a lot of tunes, but you have to have a composition to work with.