View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
While I do believe that Stevie wanted Lindsey gone well before Musiccares and the death of TP impacted her decision, I am quite sure Azoff and Mick didn't want Lindsey gone until it was clear it was the only way to keep Stevie. Fleetwood Mac is a large theater act without Stevie, not an arena act. Even so, Azoff knew that any change to the Rumours 5 would damage the brand and reduce some of the drawing power. He would be negligent if he advised anything else and if he did he certainly did not serve the best interest of his clients. Remember Lindsey was his client individually and he has a fiduciary and legal responsibility to him. Lindsey and Stevie were both individually represented by Azoff. Mick, John, and Christine were not. Oh the tangle web we weave...

I am 101% sure that the Classic East / West comments had 0.0 to do with his ouster.

I am also now equally sure that these 2018-2019 dates will be the only performances for this version of the band. Sorry, Steve...I know you prefer it to the Rumours 5 line up.
not necessarily - we have no idea whether or not they are - it was never tried. but it's certainly riskier without her than without one of the other 4. Fleetwood Mac is a brand name that sells. bucket list item to put a notch on someone's belt. many couldn't care less who is in the band. just fans like people on these boards care for one or the other or several members - or all 5. Buckingham McVie who nobody heard off were mostly filling sheds in summer 2017 so why would Fleetwood Mac brand name fill less?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"