View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just to digress a bit...

Anyone heard Rick Vito's SOLO version of "Love Is Dangerous" on his "Crazy Cool" album??? Just kicks booty!! Would LOVE to hear THIS arrangement duetted with Stevie.

Ok...back to regular programming

One of the things about her works from about "Rock A Little" forward that just irk the crap outta me is that her lyrics don't fit what's going on musically and vice versa. Instrumentally, a section comes to an end but the lyric line keeps going for a couple of beats further and throws the whole FEEL off. I don't recall any of her pre-Rock A Little stuff doing that. Whether it was Lindsey or Jimmy Iovine making her reword those lines to fit the meter of the music or them retiming the music to fit one of her lines seemed to work. After Rock A Little, it just made me think, "what happened to your EARS?? Can't you hear that line not fitting with what's going on musically?" The worst offenders are the songs I mentioned in a previous post in this thread (and add "No Questions Asked" to that list, too). BUT, I notice that on TISL, that doesn't happen as much, if at all. Which is probably one of the reasons that TISL is one of my favorite non-Mac albums of hers. Her lyric lines seem to match what's going on musically...it's a complete sounding song, rather than this arm-wrestling between the vocal & the arrangement.