View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey deserves to be paid well, as do they all, and I have no doubt that money is a consideration. However, I think he cares about the legacy, too... perhaps moreso.

If someone like SteveMacD wishes to believe he does absolutely everything involved with Fleetwood Mac solely because of the money simply because in one interview he talked about doing one of those stupid festival shows for the money, that is his right.

I think such an oversimplification of a man's involvement with a group that has defined his life for decades shows a complete lack of consideration of one very important aspect: the heart is more complex than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Stevie also said many times that she chose her musical connection with Lindsey over her happiness. In other words, she chose to stay with him because she knew he was her ticket to fame and money. No matter how many poetry you put in what you say, it still means the same.
I don't think Stevie used Lindsey like that, just as a "ticket" and nothing more. Stevie has said many times that she loved Lindsey, that they were like a married couple. I do think there were times when she thought about leaving him, remembered the music and stayed.... but it wasn't JUST about that. They could have worked together as platonic partners, after all. Like SteveMacD, I think you are oversimplifying the complexities of the heart.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-01-2018 at 10:55 PM..