View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
fair enough if you have enough Rumours cds, etc. - i get that - and i even get that 83 bucks is a lot of money, but for what you're getting, i think it's fair. you're getting 3 cds, a dvd, and an lp. i love vinyl, but what sucks today is how expensive it is, i assume because the demand is just not there. i know SWS was about $35, which is commensurate with the cost of all new artists on vinyl. i've seen them go from anywhere between 20 and 40 bucks. the black keys had a special edition lp that was mighty expensive, had to skip out on that one.
But doesn't that defy basic economics? The higher the demand = the higher the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Buy the whole thing and you have 6 different gifts you can give various people: "Here's a vinyl copy of Rumours for you. Here's a Fleetwood Mac DVD for your brother."

Get all your shopping done at once.

The thing is, the collectors who will pay for this already have all the Rumours they can stand and would also pay $85 for an obscure album like Mirage. Man, you remaster Mirage, give us outtakes, and put the US Festival on DVD in one package and I will walk through the desert for it, in high heels, carrying a portrait of myself under one arm.

Michele
Yes!!! I think the people who are really going to buy this for themselves would also buy an amazing packaging of any FM album, and more diehards would go out of there way for something completely new. I also think a new record would sell more than this! Of course, new music would cost more to make, but at least it keeps the band fresh and alive. As far as gifts go however, idk. I honestly don't know that many people I could give Mac gifts to and even if I did I can't buy it until after Christmas :[