View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We had M&G tickets so we were there early. Probably 40-50 people there for M&G. You line up to show your ticket then they give you a wrist band and distribute the M&G merch. Back in line and further into the venue with a little wait time near the merch table. No keychains. A drink koozie, few t-shirts, zip up hoodie, tote bag and cd's (the single and 3cd version), a larger poster without the tour dates on it. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the VIP merch from looking at his website. Next we go back stage from a side entrance. We move past his guitars which are labeled with songs. Now I'm starting to get excited! I can see a backdrop set up and the camera guy. Periodically we're told no photos/no autographs. I brought stuff with me but didn't get anything signed. They moved us along at a steady pace.

When I approach Lindsey he says hello. I say hi and I tell him how much I'm enjoying the solo anthology esp the 2 new songs. He smiles and says thank you. I continue saying how much I appreciate him being so accessible to the fans, for example twitter (I'm not on twitter but I can still read the tweets) and doing the M&G and I hope it doesn't cut into his quiet time before the show. He laughs and says "no I have plenty of quiet time--it's my pleasure'. He's relaxed and warm. He puts his arm around me for the picture. My sig other (Mark) walks up and says hi, Lindsey says hi and they shake hands. I'm still there and Mark asks if the 3 of us can get a pic. The camera guy says yeah and takes the pic. Then Lindsey asks "what's with the table?". There is a table in front of the camera guy for people to place their belongings instead of holding them during the picture taking. The funny part about this is he asks Mark, not the camera guy. So Mark says "it's for purses", Lindsey says "oh" and Mark says "I left mine in the car". Lindsey and the camera guy laughed loud. Finally Lindsey says "we'll see you both later" and we are led off the stage. We had a few minutes with him but it went by fast. We never felt rushed by him or like he wasn't fully engaged with us. People were walking all over the place, talking into they're walkie talkies and yelling back and forth. I really wanted him to sign something but I didn't try--too many eyes and I didn't think I'd get away with it. Afterwards we're talking with other VIP's and everyone is sharing their M&G experience.

The best way for me to describe the show is that it felt like home. Some of you may have read my review of the FM6 Chicago show. If not, the short version is my sig other surprised me with a ticket after I emphatically refused to go. He felt I needed to experience it for myself after being a life long fan and that I would regret not seeing the "new version" at some point in the future. So I went and it was different with a capital D. Some things were good but not good enough to get me over the hump. Anyway, Lindsey's show felt like home--the way a FM show used to feel--the way the BuckVie shows felt. I loved hearing the familiar standbys and the songs that have never been played live or at least not in a long time. Truthfully I would be okay if he ditched some of the regular rotation songs (except Tusk. I must have this song) but I always enjoy them. For some reason the end on Tusk and ISA seemed a teeny bit shorter to me. The show flew by as I soaked up every song. These versions of Go Insane and Trouble are so much fun. Don't Look Down, Doing What I Can, Slow Dancing and Turn It On were real highlights for me. And of course ending with Treason.

He made remarks about assembling the anthology/set list and how coherent his body of work is. There were shout outs for a few of his FM songs. A guy yelled "F Stevie Nicks" but he didn't respond until later in the show . At one point he brought up the situation by saying "you just have to accept" and "everything happens for a reason' and "we're making a new start, thank you for being part of it". Massive support and energy from the audience. Only saw people sitting down during Street of Dreams. Excellent show from start to finish.

I'll post some pics over the weekend.