View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segue Myles View Post
My first ever post (I think).

Fleetwood Mac's Time: an album I assumed was rubbish, ended up becoming a major favourite!

Who else loved the chemistry of Bekka and Billy? I love their colab album as well!!

Near flawless, I could listen to Time forever!
I could go on for a while about Time! I bought it on its release day, after seeing that lineup live a couple months before, and have always enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's flawless -- it's more Mirage than Rumours, to me -- but definitely a good, solid album. They really nailed the basic sound (not as sterile as Tango or SYW, not as murky as BTM), and they did a great job featuring Bekka on Dave and Billy's songs.

All that said, I'd have made a few tweaks...notably, keeping Rick on board. I liked Dave's songs well enough, but Rick would have paired better with both Billy and Bekka (and didn't have Dave's baggage with Christine). I also wish they'd have included a couple more up-tempo/rock songs, like on the last Zoo album. Bekka *really* shined on those. Aside from Shakin' the Cage itself, check out their cover of "Movin' On" (Bad Company) on YouTube to see what I mean.

I agree -- Bekka & Billy the album is excellent. They're really in their element there. Another lesser-known Billy/Bekka collaboration to check out if you haven't is the song Believe What You Say from Billy's Are You with Me Baby album from a few years later.