View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He was talking about tours of that magnitude, not touring in general.

That’s what remains to be seen, IMO. I could just as easily see things going well and clicking, inspiring Stevie to record with the band. With Lindsey out and Mike in, I think there’s a different approach to recording that might be more appealing to Stevie.

That album is already done. It took eight days to record. Albums don’t have to take a year to make, hence my above comment. If they approach an album with that spirit, then I think there’s a good possibility of new music.

Not at all true. In certain circles, especially the indie crowd, he was probably the most compelling part of the story.

Lol you sure love making posts like these don't you. I understand the temptation, but you should know that it is possible to not construct a thesis outline arguing with every single post you disagree with. But if you insist!
#1. Well Fleetwood Mac goes on tours of that magnitude lol. If John is gonna tour as a Fleetwood Mac member, he's gonna go a giant tour. They've pretty much always been allergic to the entire concept of small/lowkey tours, as would be expected from a big name band.
#2. Whether she wants to record with the band or not, Stevie will never give up her solo projects and I personally believe that she values them over FM regardless of who is in the band. I 100% believe that nothing about this switch-up will deter her from her typical solo plans.
#3. I never said that I knew if/when/how the album was coming along. If it was done that quickly that's wonderful for them. They're gonna go and release it and do shows supporting it. And the odds of a Fleetwood Mac record going that quickly are low, Lindsey or not. Stevie's own IYD album that she had the time of her life making took a full year. And then her 24KG album, entirely just re-recorded old demos, was made in a 2 week time crunch that, as per her press for the album, she emphasized was a big deal and that she was not too happy about. If you think they're gonna make new music, that's great! I personally don't! Who knows what'll happen!
#4. Okay let me revise that. 90% of the typical Fleetwood Mac concert ticket-buying public does not care about Neil Finn.