View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I read this interview with Neal Schon that came out on RollingStone yesterday and I could think from his comments about Mr. Irving Azoff's practices that Irving could have lied to Lindsey about Stevie saying "he goes, or I'm leaving" MF told a paparazzo that Stevie didn't give the band an ultimatum.

Neal suggests Irving isn't a 'straight-shooter'

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...iverse-1109823

And for anyone who wants to write "Who cares?" to this post... maybe you should start your own message board where you can have rubber stamp friends.
Please, I’m the one who’s been saying the whole smirk thing was BS all along. I still LOL that he and his minions believed that.

Lindsey’s days in Fleetwood Mac were numbered starting on June 20, 2017, when he told an L.A. Times reporter that he/Fleetwood Mac were doing the Classic shows for the money as well as a favor to Irving Azoff.
Quote:
Asked how he felt about playing a show explicitly geared to evoke memories of the old days, Buckingham cringed.

"It doesn't necessarily speak of the aspiration to present anything in the way that Fleetwood Mac would want to present it on its own terms," he said. "But we're all very close to Irving, so it was just sort of a 'Why not?'"
Pretty diplomatic for a rock star.

“I was going to put it less diplomatically, but I stopped myself," he said.

"Do the undiplomatic version," McVie chimed in. "What were you going to say?"

"I was going to say, 'Just close your eyes and take the money,'" Buckingham answered, and the soundstage rippled with laughter again.
The interviewer also reviewed the Classic West show and gave them a terrible review.
Quote:
I can’t say I wasn’t warned.

In a recent interview with Lindsey Buckingham, I asked the Fleetwood Mac frontman about turning his attention from his and Christine McVie’s new duets album to Fleetwood Mac’s participation in Classic West.

First he cringed, as though the mere mention of the two-day festival — which brought Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles, among other veteran rock acts, to Dodger Stadium over the weekend — had embarrassed him. Then he explained that the explicitly nostalgic event wasn’t exactly his dream gig, but that he’d agreed to do it in deference to his manager, Irving Azoff, who put the Classic West together.

Buckingham’s mantra for the show? “Just close your eyes and take the money.”
Having seen Sunday’s miserable excuse for a concert, I wish I’d been closing my eyes.
How do you think that went over with Irving Azoff, who was still promoting the shows and selling tickets? He had millions invested in those shows, and then the talent starts talking it down? Think it’s also purely coincidental that Irving dropped Lindsey as a client after Lindsey got fired from Fleetwood Mac?

By all accounts, the tour negotiations in November, 2017 were brutal. I can easily imagine Irving, not feeling the love for his client, asking Stevie how Mike Campbell was doing since Tom’s untimely passing at some point.

The decision to fire Lindsey was made before MusiCares.

THE Stephen Hopkins