View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why people have the need to trash Lindsey's wife is completely beyond my comprehension.

i could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Stevie cult seem to really be into trashing her, and that is just weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why people have the need to trash Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is completely beyond my comprehension.

I could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Lindsey cult seem to really be into trashing them, and that is just weird.
Steve - blink twice if some 5 year old stole your account.

Quote:
Kristen is “the other woman,” the one who occupies a place once held by Stevie. The Stevie fans had an almost identical, if not more severe reaction to Bekka Bramlett. Lindsey/Rumours-only lineup fans are acting the same way about Neil and Mike now.
i have no idea what Stevie fans' reaction to Bekka was, and if they felt that she doesn't sound good singing Stevie's lines and harmonies like Lindsey and Classic lineup fans feel now about both vocals and guitar, i can understand Bekka-Campbell/Finn comparison. but nobody compared them to Bekka here, and you compared them to Kristen, not Bekka.

you compared a pure hate and defamation of someone's wife that nobody really knows much about yet people feel free calling her nastiest possible names, to fans not accepting the sound of the new band.

Quote:
They didn’t know what was going on until after it had already happened.
how do you know that? we certainly don't know either way - they may or may not have known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
who's hating on them? Nearly everyone I've heard has gone out of their way to leave Mike and Neil out of this.

You may have found a few outliers.
exactly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"