Thread: New Music....
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
If this is a true " New band" we need new music. I'm such a huge Finn fan and would love to see what they come up with.The one thing I will say about every single Fleetwood Mac album is that everyone has its appeal to me in its own right. If the "legacy" of FM moves on a new album will need to be produced.....not an ep or a digital release an actual ALBUM.
Mitchell Froom is very close friends with Neil Finn so he may end up being a good fit.

He's a talented producer who lets musicians share in the creative/production process. Mitchell produced the first three Crowded House albums including "Woodface".

Neil likes to tell the story that Mitchell Froom was the one who helped him finish his song "Fall At Your Feet". Neil had the verses and the chorus but they were two separate songs. Mitchell suggested that Neil pair the verses with the chorus into one song and they tried it and out came the "Fall At Your Feet" that ended up on Woodface.

And, as I've mentioned, I've been told that the new Fleetwood Mac lineup is planning to record some new material this summer with the hope to release it prior to the upcoming tour. I would guess that it turns out to be an EP of 3-4 songs but I'm sure it will depend what emerges.