View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My family had vinyl GALORE in the late 70's/early 80's when I was a kid. By the time cassettes (then CD's) came into the mix, we'd either sold them in garage sales, given them away or trashed them (including the turntable). By the mid 90's there was not a vinyl record in sight in our home...which, in retrospect, makes me sad because we had a lot of cool stuff.

When I grew into adulthood and started living on my own, I'd pick up the occasional vinyl record here and there, and had about 15 or 20. Even purchased a turntable through one of my fellow employees at Tower Records.

When my ex left me in January of 2011, I immersed myself in many different hobbies as a "coping mechanism" to get over him. One of these hobbies was becoming a "full on vinyl collector". In the past three and a half years, I've been lucky enough to procure nearly 300 records. That's a lot to some people, but I have friends who are extreme vinyl aficionados who scoff at my collection compared to their THOUSANDS!

I love that vinyl has made a huge comeback in the past 10 years, even more so as each year passes! Most new releases from artists of all spectrum, genres, indie or mainstream, give us the option of a vinyl format...and that makes me soooo happy!

I'm such a completion-ist with my favorite artists, though, and really wish TISL, SYW and IYD had been made available on vinyl.

Great article, Lee! Thanks for sharing!