View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The BTM tour wasn’t a huge draw?
They did fair. I saw the Farewell tour leg and the Pittsburgh Civic arena had about 8,500 people in it. The entire overhang balcony was empty as well as the far back of the arena. I felt embarrassed for the band that they could see that. Many people in 1990 were over Fleetwood Mac especially with a flop album. the tour had so many dates so of course it was financially successful especially in Europe and Australia. But people were not waiting in lines to see Fleetwood Mac in 1990. The Stevie herd was there but it was probably the most dismal showing in American cities post Rumours. Stevie's solo tour that was at the same arena just one year prior had thousands more people in attendance and the balcony was full. In 1987 the same arena was pretty much sold out. Fleetwood Mac was a dying band in 1990. The economy was slowing down and about to head into a recession too which always hurts ticket sales. Thats all I meant.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-02-2022 at 06:05 AM..