View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
This was a readers choice poll.
no, really??

you know what i've noticed, that with the recent blitz of Everywhere, people didn't even know that is FM song - just a song that was a hit in the 80s. so it's possible people don't even get what all songs are FM, same as many people here describe their process before they became a fan, and didn't realize that all those diverse songs are by the same band.

in addition to other stuff listed, i have a feeling that a month or so of Dave Grohl featuring SN prominently in Sound City Players and the movie did much more for raising SN's visibility with new audiences than all IYD promotion together. great move on her part! so that's what i refer to with the short memory span which is true in music, politics, whatever. SN has been hugely in the spotlight in the last couple of months, also prominently featured in several recent RS magazine articles... so it makes sense to see results like this in that whole context. they do these kind of polls every now and then and results always seem to be completely different from one time to another.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 03-30-2013 at 06:35 PM..