View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Prepare for Lindsey's most consistant soloalbum to date. Consistant in quality, but also in sound and production. It's a winner. For me the faves are:
-the title track, ( just beautiful and tender )
-In Our Own Time , ( I think it's a masterpiece and I'm really curious what US radio does with the weird unconventional treatment of this song )
-TTWLG, (what a great great rocker, I cried from the solo till the end. Also the It Goes It Goes -screams are spinechilling),
-One Take
( he really shreds the Turner to pieces on this one, fabulous lyric, great Livesong I presume, with an extended solo- please extend it until it becomes almost ridiculous- this is the best soloriffing he did in years!)

-Rock Away Blind ( I sincerely think this one is one of his best songs, maybe even is going to win a spot above Shut Us Down in my fave-list)

- The End Of Time ( is simply a classic Mac song, I was afraid the studioversion would never reach the emotional level from the liveversion, but believe me, it does.)

It's an album with an approach, a vision. It's incredibly wellcrafted and original. And the guitarwork on this album is beyond stunning. Not only because of the skills, but also because of the feel. What an artist. There's no comparison.

And: for a lot of people a minor thing, but for me: a Milestone in Lindsey's songcraft: 11 tracks and NOT ONE fade out!!!!
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a little insight to an album many of us are waiting for with baited breath. It sounds like a very emotionally evocative album, nothing less than expected from such a hard working individual as Lindsey. Do you have a particular favourite you would pick above the others? I'm enthused by your description of "One Take", because I'm a lover of the extended solo guitar when placed with self fulfilling and beautiful lyrics. Probably why Country Feedback is my favourite R.E.M. song. Because the poetry juxtaposed with Peter Buck's splendid riff in its greatest live performance takes my breath away every time. That and Leave have always reminded me of Lindsey's own methods, and his extensive use of guitar to invoke emotions, more often than not his own. I think you might like the two R.E.M. songs. If you'd like, you could send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you the songs.