Thread: Board politics
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
​I'm confused, shouldn't some of these posts be moderated according to the rules and guidelines of the Ledge. I'm often baffled as to how it's allowed to continue, as there are so many posts that are inflammatory and seem to only have the intent of provoking other readers. And now hateful sexist remarks are ok?

From the FAQ

- If all you have to add are harrassing, insulting, taunting, nasty remarks or name-calling, you'll be asked to go somewhere else. Taunting is defined as "aggravation by deriding, mocking, criticizing or carping".
• Any statement that defames, abuses or threatens others
• Derogatory statements that could be construed as bigoted, hateful or racially offensive or comments defaming sexual orientation
• In expressing your devotion to one member of Fleetwood Mac, please try to avoid belittling the accomplishments of the others.

Surely some of these posts could be regarded as trolling?
a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.
These rules are broken in almost every 2nd post by the same obnoxious schoolyard pack members, & notice all the pats on back or your my new best friend after the name calling & never ending insults towards SN.. its all pretty laughable, that a few adults on here carry on like this..