Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
I heard "Crystal", the FM white album version, in Pet Supplies Plus yesterday. I was shocked!

They weren't playing the album; the next song was by The Police.

What a great song, and what a great "band" song that particular version is. Everyone shines and it all blends incredibly. With Lindsey singing that soft lead vocal and playing that acoustic guitar, and Stevie's beautiful sweet harmony, and that unbelievably peaceful keyboard melody by Christine, and Mick's perfect little fills, and John with that simple, repeated line that, as usual for him, is a melody all by itself.

It doesn't deserve to be as obscure as it is!
To Me: It's what happened when the The McVies hooked into the Americans and Mick and John drove the music. And Christine's contribution is wildly apparent after listening to the more generic B/N version. John has a walking bass line that's incredible. I turn up my subwoofer and it pumps.

I feel like Christine's outro feels like the sea. As she looked out of her flat in Malibu and imagined her parts. It's a Masterpiece of a song. Good job Stevie.