Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
This part always frustrates me as well; he is obviously trying SO HARD not to offend her, yet she acts like he's being absolutely AWFUL to her! As if he's insulting her SO BADLY! And she obviously truly believes he was being horrific to her, because she plays this clip again and again as evidence of how difficult he was to work with (especially highlighting it in the In Your Dreams documentary). She fully expects viewers to be shocked and appalled by his treatment of her. She has no idea how ridiculous it makes her look that this is her example of what a monster Lindsey is in the studio.

Sometimes you need to be upset if you want to face your imperfections and improve yourself. I think she's removed herself from reality, to her own detriment. I hope somebody can help her see this before it's too late.
I saw Destiny Rules when it was first released, but I don't remember a lot of it. But I vaguely remember that scene and thinking Stevie was overreacting to his feedback. I agree, Lindsey was being totally appropriate, and she seemed to take it personally, like she thought he was being patronizing. Maybe his opinion really does matter to her, so she was disappointed when he found a 'flaw' with it. And since it's obvious to me Thrown Down was written about their relationship immediately after the Dance tour, maybe Stevie was hypersensitive because of that.