View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This is a music forum so I really don't understand why we should insist to use this place to hold political discussions, there are limitless other places that are much more advisable where you can specifically do that.
Like everything here there are rules to follow to make sure that this place remains equally enjoyable for everyone, and they apply to anyone.
The ledge is a forum about Fleetwood Mac and "this place can be what it wants to be organically" in the sense that you can talk say what you want about the topic, even making rude comments about band members, as long as you follow the rules. But this is not a public place, it's a private space made to talk about the band and its members so it's not obbligatory for it to have space for political comments.
So if it is specifically a music forum what is the point in having a chit chat section at all then? If people do not 'enjoy' engaging in debate they need not frequent such pages. My recollection is that you used to contribute to such discussion as much as anyone.
Not so long ago it was touted that 'the ban was never intended to be permanent and could be lifted if people behaved themselves'. Okay, so what is it to be? Adult discussion was spolied by 14 year old Ledgies.

To be clear, I really couldn't give a stuff whether people are allowed to discuss politics (or any other touchy subject) or not. However, I do find it all a bit too 'big brother' and the inflammatory language about suspending people really is beyond ridiculous.