View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Wow, that puts you in a really unique (ish) position. When you become a fan of FM must have some impact on how you perceive the band as a whole and how you appreciate the music of the different eras. To have started off with 71-74 must make you feel as if that is the band.
Did you have an awareness of the pre-Bob band at the time?
You know, I have always had a fierce love and appreciation for the five Bob Welch era albums, but I think that is because they are great albums, not just because I heard them first. I also am the kind of person who roots for an underdog, and while Lindsey and Stevie deserve accolades for their great songs, I really think Bob and Danny are woefully underrated (and that Christine's pre-1975 songs are, too). That's another reason for my love of that era of the band.

I don't specifically remember if my classmate owned any of the pre-Bob Welch albums, but I must have heard at least Kiln House, because I knew the song "Station Man" when they played it in Oct. '75. (I don't think I had ever heard "Get Like You Used To Be" before hearing it live). I don't think I knew much or anything about Peter Green yet, but I fixed that problem as soon as I started buying my own copies of the records.