View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
I think Say You Will might be my favorite Fleetwood Mac CD. It's weird because I wouldn't have thought it would be, I actually dreaded even listening to it thinking I would hate it so much.

I have been listening to it non-stop lately. Even with Christine gone I think it works. Songs I didn't like at first I have grown to absolutely love. I think it's completely crazy that I think this though!

There's no real Christine.

There's not as many harmonies, just echoing each other (as someone mentioned before).

I don't like the last 2 songs.

It took me a long time to like a lot of the songs.
Yet I love this CD. I love their matured voices. I love the order of the songs. I love that it is so different then anything they have done before, IMO.

Anyone else feel this way, or am I the only one?

It should not take a long time to like a lot of songs on any album. I think it's always interesting when fans say this about an album. I guess if you listen to anything over and over, it can grow on you whether its subpair or not. This CD was a frankenstein effort with Lindsey attempting to make another double CD with some good tracks, but mostly odd-ball, bland, non-accessible stuff. Much of Stevies tunes weren't much better. The best example was the distruction of Smile at You. Where were Christine and Richard Dashut when you needed them?