Thread: Greeny Pvk era
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
Hi Mzero!

I couldn't agree more concerning Snowy White

And yes, I also think "In The Skies" is Peter's best album of that era. But I think his playing on the "Whatcha Gonna Do" album is extremely good! Especially songs like "Bullet In The Sky", "Lost My Love" and "Woman Don't".

I do also compare the SG songs and style with his later PVK albums, and I think his playing has become more and more inventive/creative!! Even more than when he was with Fleetwood Mac!!
And I think "The Blues Don't Change" (the song) is one of his BEST performances with SG.

Daniel
I agree!!! In the skies is amazing, and you have to think that he was not well during the last part of recording it,
having come back from the States and his coke habit.
I bought the remaster this week, and the sound is better than ever. Nice sleevenotes by Celmins,
although they could have been longer. You hear more detail of everything.
Has anyone paid attention to Peter's vocals on these albums? I think he sounds great on "In the skies",
then he sounds like he has a cold or worse on the next two albums, while he does some of the greatest
singing of his career on "White sky", listen to "Fallin' apart"! Musically, I think those two albums
have the best bands too, although the material is a bit thin on "White sky".