View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Would you mind sharing what are your favorite bootlegs from all the other tours as well? There's a lot so I want to know which ones would be best to download lol.
Sure, however my tastes are peculiar. My personal favourites are:

1975 New Orleans, it's an audience recording but it's still a pretty good sound, all the performances were very energetic and it features my favourite performance of Rhiannon and one of the earliest performances of Go Your Own Way that at the time had the lyrics "You can roll like a thunder" instead of "You can call it another day".

1977 Osaka, good sounding audience recording, still an energetic show in a different way; the sound of the band had started to lean on the rougher side, Lindsey in particular I think had started to show the first punkish influences here in his guitar solos and it's also for this reason that this are my favourite Dreams and Gold Dust Woman performances. The other is that Stevie's voice at this time had an interesting rougher and lower sound because of a recent surgery to remove vocal nodules, so she had to rely on her lower register, it can be heard on all the Japan's shows but in Nagoya her voice was in a very bad shape, while in Osaka and subsequently Tokyo it was far better. I recommend you check also the audience recording of the Tokyo Budokan show (it's the same of the docufilm but it's whole) to compare the two permormances of Dreams.

From the Tusk tour I don't have particular favourites but I like different parts of various shows:
1979 Boston, to me this is the one that stands a little more out from the from the 1979 leg of the tour, for the clean sound and still fresh performances.
1980 Rotterdam the sound quality isn't very good, I had managed to found a slightly better copy but I forgot to upload it before I lost it in my PC crash, however it's the most passionate and intense show of the Tusk Tour in my opinion, Rhiannon in particular was a force of nature in its own way this night.

1982 East Rutherford again bad sound quality but amazing performance, inlcudes my favourite permormances of Sisters of the Moon and Brown Eyes, unfortunately I've lost almost the whole show in the PC crash I mentioned earlier but what's left is still here: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...t=54534&page=3

1987 Salt Lake City, sounboard, a pretty great setlist featuring also Don't let me down again, the whole band put on a pretty good show.

For other tours the material is considerably less as you can see because I've already made a hard preselection and only kept the bootlegs I find are best.