View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I think I have posted once since the Lindsey Gate fiasco has gone down. Truthfully, the same 3 Stevie sycophants reposting to make their view seem omni-present is boring to me. As is the Lindsey will be homeless without FM line of thinking.

My mind - there has been no live arrangement since the Tusk tour (less Lindsey 1987-1995) that has not been Lindsey created. He is the principal arranger of Fleetwood Mac. Rhiannon as constructed is Lindsey driven. So don't blame Stevie for that.

As for the rest, lets stop pretending. The only person with any creativity in FM since 1992 is Lindsey. I think that is hard to deny. This tour for whatever reason is not selling like 2013 or 2015. The LA, Boston numbers are awful. Lindsey's absence contributes to these bad early returns. Hard to deny as well.

I really like Neil Finn. Creative, talented songwriter. Better songwriter than Lindsey in my opinion. Not nearly the arranger, as too much sounds the same and all the guitar parts sound like they were played by the same guy. Campbell has written some great songs and with artists well beyond TP. Problem is too much of his playing sounds like Byrds circa 1968. He doesn't expand enough for my taste. Lindsey's diversity of sounds and layering of guitars, with synced synths and looped percussion is so much more entertaining, as his use of vocal pads.

Lots of nuance here, but lets not see this all as as quite as black and white. This version of FM will be very capable. Not my my taste, but not bad.
Wow, what a refreshing post! So reasonable and respectful. You shared your opinion yet bad mouthed no one in the band.

John Run, you are quite a guy!