Thread: Sheryl Crow
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm not talking about Stevie's fantasies. I'm referring to Carol Ann Harris and the waitress Lindsey beat up in Ken Caillat's book.

In his blog, Ken Caillat says that he saw Lindsey rough up several women.

I suppose your crush on Lindsey is more important than the women he brutalized.
You're assuming that someone thinking your comments are inappropriate means they have a crush on Lindsey? Lol. If you cared about the treatment of women you wouldn't toss the situation around as if it's a bargaining chip in the ridiculous dramatics of bitching band members decades later.
And it doesn't matter who you're referring to. Everyone here knows the stories about Lindsey, it's not a secret to anyone. I talked about this before in a post recently and I don't want to regurgitate it, but to sum things up: Lindsey's behavior back then should never be condoned if you want to dislike him because of it that's perfectly fine.
But this argument that some people on here keep making that "Lindsey did this!" --therefore he's pure evil and thus what's gone on here, with very questionable behavior from the other band members, it all doesn't matter because he did that--- is absolutely ridiculous for a number of factors. The first being that the 70s and 80s are basically a different universe from the one we are currently living in. Lindsey has been married for almost 20 years and has 3 kids, John has also seemingly long since sorted out his alcohol problems, Stevie has handled her addictions, Mick is no longer a complete trainwreck, etc. There's also the fact that Lindsey was likely not the only band member who exhibited such behavior, so if you think someone deserves to be fired for that decades later, then why is John McVie still in the band? And those who make this argument conveniently only seem to care about Lindsey's behavior in this current situation, when they're trying to somehow justify what's happened. It certainly didn't bother you enough to stop you from listening to their music, presumably buying their music, going to their concerts etc.
You can think whatever you want about Lindsey, that's completely fine. But do not conveniently toss around domestic violence as if it's just some claim you can casually make when arguing about bitchy band members. That is a disrespect to the seriousness of the topic and people who have suffered it.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 05-19-2018 at 06:09 PM..