Thread: Twin Peaks 2016
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ok, I don't often admit this, but when I read about Twin Peaks returning, I got kind of giddy & light-headed. Yep, ol' chiliD kinda swooned!

I LOVED TWIN PEAKS!!! No, I really did...I was a TP FREAK!!! I scoured every scene of every episode for clues.

I have the ENTIRE series (commercial free...via a VCR's "pause" button) on VHS!!! I hope that they'll re-release the original series on Blue-Ray now. I had the original pilot episode on LASERDISC!!! That screwed me up because the LASERDISC version of the pilot was self-standing...the plot was wrapped up in that one 2 hr episode!!!! But, the way they wrapped it up was totally different that how they (kind of) wrapped up the 2 season series. Weird.

I used to host Twin Peaks marathon weekends at my apt. about 6 or 8 of my other TP geek friends would get all wired on coffee & cherry pie and watch the entire series in one long fell swoop, from Friday night until we finished the last episode of season 2. Usually about 4 or 5am on Sunday. Talk about some zombie'd burn outs who would finally exit my apartment! LOL!! We were NUTS!!! (but we weren't "wrapped in plastic"!!!! )
Yea.Thanks for the story.hahahaha. I was glued to the TV when it first aired and also VHS record it at the time.It rerun on cable in the later years and i VHS record that round.Now god knows where those VHS tapes are and if they will play again.
A couple years ago I found the complete show online and I got it here on my external drive.

I hope the show will be interesting like the original show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I just sold off my entire collection of the fanzine Wrapped In Plastic =( One wonders if I had kept them if they would have sold for more. Would also be great if that mag came back. I never saw Peyton Place but that magazine totally poured over the comparisons.
Lynch hasn't been up to his absurd best as of late, so I'm SUPER hopeful that the return of TP is a success.
I miss out on the fanzines.You probably make a killing when the new show airs.
I never seen much of Payton Place myself.I probably was busy watching the Brady Bunch,Andy Griffith show ,The Flintstones,Beverly Hillbillies Green Acres and Gilligan's Island at the time .

The new remakes usually go to pot.I see the new Hawaii Five O is doing great on TV.
I hope the new Twin Peaks becomes a hit.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016