View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another quickie, before I get on the freeway.

Lindsey gave a very cute intro. He came out to a standing ovation and said, “Save it. Save it. You can stand up when I make a more formal appearance.” He said he was just coming out now, informally, to let us know what was going on. The show is being taped for a DVD. The DVD and the album and the tour that goes with it won’t come out until September. So, this is all in preparation and there will be some moments of artifice that we’ll witness. He said that there will be some times when he won’t know what to say and he might have to consult his notes [he was joking, that never happened]. So, he said he was going to leave and when he comes back out, we can stand up again and clap. “This never happened,” he cautioned us, before disappearing.

His voice was strong and powerful. He slowed down the temple for Go Insane and sang it in a deeper tone, which kind of took me by surprise, not sure if I liked that as much as the other arrangement.

All of the new songs seemed to be about lost love, yearning. I’m sure someone recorded them, but I didn’t try. They were all rockers except for the title song.

All My Sorrows with Neale and Brett sounded very Beach Boyish and lovely.

Lindsey said he didn’t plan on doing an album. He thought something else would be happening, but the time opened up and he found a way to fill it. He thinks it turned out to be the best music of his career.

I only have a sketchy idea of what some of the lyrics to the songs were. Don’t read it if you don’t want to spoil the beauty of what the songs actually say, but I just thought I’d post my meandering, so as not to forget it. It’s a long way between here and September after all.

STILL IN MY MIND, There’s a fire still burning. Some days I dream she’s hiding outside my door. She used to come, not anymore. We crossed a line. It wouldn’t make a difference. Seasons turning. In a while she’ll make it snow. This time she’s gone for good, I already know. From the fire we were _____ in our own time. Wouldn’t make a difference. We crossed the line.

PROCESS OF ILLUMINATION: Meet me up at the station. Strange sensation. One less ____ to believe in. One less trick of the mind.

STARS GONE CRAZY [this was myy favorite. I don’t even know if the second word he was saying was “gone” though]. Sometimes you fantasize, wondering if you could have tried, wondering in the middle of the night if the stars have gone crazy.

END OF TIME: When we get to the other side, maybe we’ll make amends. When they finally come to bury her, maybe then she’ll tell the truth.

IN A DIFFERENT WORLD had some questionable lyrics because he repeated words in childish fashion: I’d like to take the pain away, away, away. I’d like to take the shame away, away, away. I have to go away, away, away. I’ll always keep you in my heart. Even though we’re apart. My love for you is strong.

SEEDS WE SOW: Penny arcade of Edgar Alan Poe [groan]. Oh, ta ta ta, Oh ta, ta, tah [yikes]. I dreamed you reached for me in the night. Touched me soft and slow. Everything was wrong, but everything was right. Ooooh, the seeds we sow. [very nice crooning]

More to come later.