Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 08:10 AM

The Music in My Head – 5/24/17 -“Ron’s Top 10 Live Performances” – #3

5/24/17: Fleetwood Mac. “Rhiannon “

I’m doing something different this week to celebrate the awesome School of Rock Chapel Hill Grand Opening event that took place on Saturday (photo gallery here!) I’m talking about my 10 favorite live performances, and today we arrive at #3!

I’M GETTING CLOSE TO THE TOP OF MY LIST FOR “TOP 10 FAVORITE LIVE PERFORMANCES OF ALL TIME.” If you know me at all, you know I’m a big fan of Fleetwood Mac, and especially Stevie Nicks. Just pretend for a minute that it’s June 11th, 1976. You’re watching that great old, late-night, weekend music show, called “The Midnight Special.” One of the musical guests is Fleetwood Mac, a band that’s been around for a long time, but now with couple of new people in front. It’s Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks….and at that point, hardly anyone in the audience that night knew anything about that duo.

They had probably heard “Rhiannon” on the radio, but they were about to see it performed live…..and it would be an incredibly passionate performance! Stevie stepped up to the microphone and said, “This is a song about an old Welsh witch,” and it was on from there. About 6 minutes later, the crowd had been treated to a dynamic performance from Nicks, Buckingham, and the rest of the band.

Some people said she was the new “Queen of Rock and Roll.” Not long after, Fleetwood Mac released the legendary album, “Rumours,” and things were never the same. You’ve got to see the way Stevie Nicks pours herself into the last couple of minutes of this song. She leaves everything she has on stage! So here is #3 on my personal list of live performances. It’s “The Music In My Head” on 97-9 The Hill…WCHL!

http://chapelboro.com/uncategorized/...performances-3