View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I still don't know how I feel about this song.

Even though, there is a new single out, I have been listening to the extended version of You and I all day. Just discovered it and Instantly loved the new intro because of the lushness. I thought about it and there is lushness to GYPSY, DREAMS, YOU MAKE LOVING FUN...

Then there is this song, In My World, which has all the makings of great song, the cowbell, the grunts, the melody but it isn't lush. I like it but I have to force myself to love it by listening to it 100 times. Because of the way it's produced I can barely understand the word, let alone sing along with it.

I think about Sentimental Lady. Look what Lindsey did to that song. He turned that song into a lush, lovable hit that people played over and over again. The Fleetwood Mac version was just a shadow of what he turned it into.

This song is in the same boat. The greatness is there, but the paint strokes on the canvas aren't strong enough. I have to force myself to notice all the great things about it. It seems like a very good demo for what could be great song. It still seems like a minimalist Lindsey Buckingham solo song.

Somebody please remix or reproduce this song so that the potential is realized. It really is a good song, but not fully realized.
I agree. The song itself isn't necessary bad, I'm just not fond of the production.