Thread: Mick's web site
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
I can't resist...maybe he's one of the Knights who says, "NEE!" (sp?)
lol!

It's funny isn't it...Mick said he wants to "get closer to his fans"....so he's employed some condescending jackass who remains nameless and answers only questions which may ultimately result in financial benefit to Mick. What do you want to get closer to Mick...the fans or their money?

CarneVaca, I don't think Mick's site is as buzzing as it first looks. I really do think a large handful of screenames are part of the site's administration team, pretending to be loyal fans. It would certainly explain why the majority of the regular posters there act like they're permanently on speed.
Take the day of the "Meet and Greet" announcement for example: look at the first few posts. They are totally ecstatic at the idea of giving $1,100 away just like that to meet "a couple of members". No questions asked. One sentence posts. And their post count: 1.
There are also other posters there with huge post counts who I also believe are part of the site's team. Their job: to (try to) make other fans think "ooh, that huge fan has decided to pay the gazillion dollars for Mick's underwear, so maybe I should too!"

Unfortunately (for them) Mick's management/web administrators seem to have made the critical mistake of thinking that "fan = moron." Sorry, Mick, it ain't so: here's a better idea, when the show comes round to London you pay me $1,100 and I'll put you into a hotel room, arrange transportation for you to your drumkit and in the meantime I'll think about whether or not I should meet you. Deal?

Last edited by seteca; 02-12-2003 at 09:22 PM..