View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
All three stories are true, as written by Billy.

1) Just to be safe, during their performance at the Super Bowl pre-show, FM didn't sing any of Stevie's songs. And they made 0 profit due to limos, travel, production, etc.

2) Billy met Al Gore after the election, and Al asked Billy to have FM perform at the inauguration. Billy spoke to the band and they agreed, but shortly before the performance, Stevie called Billy and asked if he would let Lindsey take his place for that one performance.

3) Billy said they spent $1.6 million to record two songs for the Chain box set due to producer Patrick Leonard being so expensive, and again the band's usual outrageous production costs.

He also had a lot of things to say about the Time incarnation, his friendship with Lindsey, his relationship with Bekka Bramlett, and more anecdotes about being on the road with FM. Even while on the road, FM would jam in Stevie or Christine's hotel room just for fun. It sounds like they all really enjoyed each other's company.
Fascinating stuff. These tid bits are amazing and I see the logic to them if you go back in time. The first one is so arrogant of Stevie to make such a statement. But go back in time. The Superbowl appearance was only weeks after the inauguration in January 1993. I actually just remembered wondering if Stevie and Lindsey were going to make an appearance since they were just back together again. Its also right before rehab and Stevie is very frustrated during this time. So in the context of this being right after the reunion and before her world came crashing down...it makes sense. She does not want to miss the spotlight.
Billy and Al Gore seemed odd to me but not when you think about it. Al Gore was the US Senator from Tennessee. The Gore family is famous there going back to Al Gore's dad. So it makes sense these 2 would cross paths. However, I think its a safe assumption that the band was going to be asked to play at the inauguration anyway. Don't Stop was the campaign theme and I think it would have happened anyway even without Billy talking to Al Gore. Its probably factual what Billy said but he may be taking a bit too much credit for the Mac's performance. In 2000 Hillary Clinton contacted the band to perform at the White House. I see someone in the campaign or inauguration executive contacting the band's representative to make it happen. In fact I think there is a Mac special where Mick talks about being reached out to about performing.
Love these details and gotta get this book!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-03-2017 at 01:45 PM..