View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Dex;1116798]Physical resemblance is one of the last things on my list when it comes to casting choices for films like this. I don't get why that's so important to people. Obviously I don't want it to look pantomime-ish in its inaccuracy, but face it, the actors are never going to look exactly like the real people they are portraying because they are not the real people. It's a movie. It's its own little world. Ability to convey a personality and carry a narrative are what matters in a movie. Unless you're going to bring photos of Stevie into the theatre and constantly compare them to her film counterpart while watching, in which case you're not really watching the film anyway.

I would agree with this, ordinarily; (like I do with most of Dex's posts); however, I think that in the case of someone like Stevie, there are unique complications because of her supernatural beauty and extraordinary charisma. Goodness, they're ALL incredibly charismatic, but what did David Wild from Rolling Stone say, "...Maybe the most beautiful woman on earth"?

It's so hard to even imagine trying to cast the film because so many of the really good actors and actresses we love are just too darn old, bless their hearts! Maybe it will be different for the general public than it will be for us Ledgies whose lives have been so deeply touched by these five people we adore so much. I have to say, though, I think I prefer Mick's idea for a Broadway play. But I would want it to be a very serious play~not just fluff as the vehicle for a musical.