View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
God, what a show! My first since 2003 so I was more than ready for it and they really delivered. I've deliberately avoided YouTube videos of the US leg so there were a few surprises for me. There was just so much love and affection there for the band, and they really seemed to feel it. So Christine didn't show up, but the four of them worked so hard for nearly three hours that in a way I did think it might have stolen their thunder a bit if she had - although obviously I would have gone crazy too...

My mind (and ears) are buzzing but a few memories/observations from 12 rows back:

- I loved the acoustic instrumental of 'Peacekeeper' that played in the pre-show. I know there were other Lindsey instrumental pieces but I couldn't identify them, apart from 'Stephanie'.

- I went wild for the 'Tusk' section - so amazing to hear 'Not That Funny', a day I never thought would come. I was transported.

- 'Sad Angel' just works so well in front of a crowd.

- Why do some people who have paid £125 for a ticket spend most of the show wandering to the bar and back? In particular this one chap, who also pulled a Sainsbury's ham sandwich out of a plastic bag to munch half way through the set, and spent a lot of time brandishing a Mac T-shirt at the stage, as if the band needed reminding who they are...

- Stevie dedicated 'Landslide' to Jenny Boyd. So moving tonight.

- Lindsey pointed to me during 'Eyes Of The World'! Yes he did!

- The 'Without You' story was epic...

- 'Go Your Own Way' was like the biggest celebration I've ever heard, a fantastic singalong, although I'm sure Stevie sang 'shacking up, packing up's all you wanna do' and then grinned at herself...

- 'Silver Springs' sounded a bit off, not sure why. Stevie looked a bit thrown throughout the song, but rescued it brilliantly with a truly beautiful ending.

- A bloke shouted something out during Lindsey's speech before 'Say Goodbye' - I'm not sure what he shouted, but Lindsey said "you really killed the vibe, dude" before he got back on track again.

Anyway, a rather rambling post, but it was a stunning evening, so moving and exciting. What a great band they are. Good night!
That's a great review, and I didn't find it rambling at all Sounds like it was a spectacular show!