View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Even if that would have halved their audience the integrity would still be intact, and then BuckVie would have been free to collaborate to their (and our) hearts content!
Would you be willing to take a 50% pay cut? Whether we like it or not, Fleetwood Mac (with Stevie) is an arena rock band and Mick isn’t going to jeopardize that, especially after 94-95.

Quote:
They just wanted him in the beginning, anyway. It just would have restored original intention for the band
That’s overstated. The ONLY intention was for the band to continue. The primary need was for a guitarist, followed by songwriting and vocals, especially since Bob Welch wrote 2/3 of the prior two albums. I don’t know that Mick even realized Lindsey could sing or write songs. That “original intention” lasted about as long as deciding what side to get with a cheeseburger.

From an interview with Keith Olsen

“Then I got a call on New Year’s Eve, and Mick says, “I’ve had some bad news. Bob Welch just decided to leave the band. So, that fellow in that band you played me—would you see if that guy would like to join my band?” And I said, “Well, they’re going to come as a set. Because they’re very much into their own thing, and the only chance of getting them to drop that would be to bring them both on.” And he says, “Well, maybe that will work. Can you see if you can convince them to join my band?”

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...ds_Keith_Olsen

THE Stephen Hopkins