View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
The Dance in 1997 was the first time I heard FM.
I was only seven years old at the time, so obviously I didn't buy it.
But my parents had it playing in their cars for the longest time and I just remember loving it.
Then came the DVD later on and I was able to connect the voice of "Landslide" to that "pretty blonde lady."

Besides that, the first album I actually BOUGHT was Rumours.
I have just started to read through this thread, and (imo) it IS very nostalgic and heartwarming, none-the-less.

Imagine the impact that FM has made on many souls through their parents/gparents through the years. At 7 yo, I was listening to Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers/Dottie West/Patsy Cline via my mother and (now) had only wished she had liked the Eagles, Heart, FM, whom I discovered years later. Nowadays...my mom just vaguely likes "SYLM" (Dance version) LOL.

Can You imagine being 7yo and hearing the haunting voice on Rhiannon or Sisters, the guitar riff on GYOW, or the bass on Chain, YMLF? If I was 7 again, these probably would have chilled me to the bone....in a good way...and I would have Q's mommy "who is that pretty angel/witch that sings with That band?"
I applaud the parents that exposed their young to FM and many other great acts of the '70's.

Last edited by FierySequences; 03-08-2013 at 05:31 PM..