View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I answered in the other thread about my excitement for her as an artist had left the building. I do still really love the Stevie of yesteryear from joining the band through to about the Wild Heart and then (mostly in hindsight) high points such as the early 90's killer vocals, late 90's Dance and Enchanted and parts of In Your Dreams and 24 K. Since then though- total meh. Her recent vocals and refusal to record have taken her off the pedestal I so proudly kept her on all these years. I agree with what many have said the refusal to record boils down to the insecurity around her lost gifts in the lyric and melody dept. although as far back as Tusk I remember a ridiculous statement she made that if the album didn't sell she'd be disappointed in all of us, including those who shelled out what was then a lot of money. Truth be told, she needs to call it a day when this tour ends.
This is exactly how I feel. I was a big fan, but I wasn't so in love with her that I excused past and present behavior. The same goes for any artist I like. I can really like a singer or Actor but not appreciate when they do things that I feel are wrong. With SN there are some fans who truly view her as some god like figure and they have an excuse for any negative thing you bring up including the events of this year. And that is where some of us differ. I can still like her music but not the person she has become or accept what happened this year and be ok with it.