View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemono411 View Post
Hi all,
I have all 8 of Stevie's solo studio albums but am wondering if I should bother getting any of the many compilations that have been released over the years: Timespace (1991), the Enchanted boxset (1998), Crystal Visions (2007), or Stand Back (2019).

I've gone through the track listings of each and there are some obvious differences and exclusives to each set. But, more specifically, I'm wondering: should I buy the individual songs from the sets that I don't have? Any entire set recommended for any particular reason? Any songs that are alternately mixed from the studio albums?

Thanks for any and all help!
I think that Enchanted in out of print but it would be my pick. It has a lot of unreleased/b-sides/soundtrack songs and alternate mixes of the Street Angel tracks that I liked. It's also mastered nicely and has a book with lots of rare pics. Timespace is dated and the new songs are nothing special. It does have a couple Chris Lord-Alge remixes and in the book she tells stories about each of the songs. Crystal Vision is total rehash but one version of the CD has a DVD with her music videos (low quality) and her commentary for each track. Never purchased Stand Back because it is yet another rehash of the same songs and got bad reviews that it was thrown together. It does have a couple rare tracks that can be downloaded without purchasing the whole thing.