View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Have fun! This is essentially how I've listened to the Mac since I've become a hardcore fan. I don't know how everyone else does it, but I have one large playlist on iTunes called "Fleetwood Mac". With over 1000 songs, I have all the Fleetwood Mac and solo member albums in chronological order. Well, all those that interest me. I have a selection of pre 1971 songs - then every Mac album from Future Games to LIB. All Christine, Stevie, Lindsey solo albums and some Bob Welch plus Buckingham Nicks are also thrown into the playlist in chronological order. I have a live show after most of the albums. Whatever live show they did to back up the album, of course. Not all live shows include every song that was preformed during other shows, so I throw any rare songs that weren't always preformed at each show into the mix where they could best fit. I also include soundtrack songs on here.

I love listening to the Mac this way - I couldn't do it any other way! This entire playlist takes me at least a month to finish 1 listen completely. After that I listen to my 100 some demo songs, (also in chronological order) and sometimes I'll listen to my "Favorites" playlist, with my favorite Mac and solo songs. After that I'll listen to other artists for about a week, and then I'm back to the first song on my Mac playlist - Love That Burns. (the playlist ends with Silver Springs from Unleashed, fyi)

Sorry that was so long! I'm just happy to find someone else listening like this, and I'm curious to see how others listen. I thought I'd share my process!
If I knew anything about the internets (and a bit more about Fleetwood Mac), I would embark upon a full-scale timeline of Mac-related releases.

someday

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.