View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Mirage is the one album I do think she was a bit short changed. Her song time on that album was considerably lower than both Christine and Lindsey to the tune of (the equivalent of) one whole song. Also, that was supposed to have been something of a 'come back' album. I'd have thought they'd do all they could to promote their major player as a means for shifting albums in light of Tusk's relative failure. She certainly wasn't short of material even if she was keeping her best stuff for her solo work and song for song she's arguably the strongest on Mirage.
I can see this. I do remember an interview in 1982 with Lindsey stating "they were not playing his Mirage songs on the radio" or something like that. Since Stevie was a huge solo star it could have been a subliminal attempt to remind everyone Stevie was only one member of a 5 piece band. I remember many saying that Stevie was the lead singer of Fleetwood Mac. That is what many people thought and maybe Lindsey tried to dampen the limelight a bit from her. I also believe Lindsey getting more songs was an attempt to prevent the Mac of being a "girl singer" band (to the public).