View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the snapper 3 cd set

I have the 3 cd set and "Oh we Jam" is on the third CD and may or may not be Clapton

On CD 2 after the set is an intro for the jam by peter followed by a 15 minute or so jam that ends in a drum solo. I have beel listening to Clapton, Green, Kirwan and to some extent walsh for a long time now. I can tell you I have no doubt about hearing Clapton there as well as green. The people that are less distinct are Walsh ( a relative youngster at the time and Kirwan who was semingly continuallytentative in those 70's jams. I ay that because of listening to just about every recorded Rattlesnake Shake and the Jam with the Dead three days after the Boston Gig at the Fillmore in NY.

I personally like the first snapper Boston CD as the best set beginning to end. One can debate about The two Rattlesnake shakes CD 2 is Better . and as always the two sets are different. Black Magic Woman and Duster Bennetts song Like it this way The Green Malalishias opposed to World In Harmony and Oh Well and a great RS. Spencer is good on both and then there is the clapton Jam

They should reissue the 3 CD set as the best Live Album (as a unit)

OH Well

doodyhead