View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Olson
I just got the Otis Spann - The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions 2 CD set that was just released... I must say that I am very, very happy with the entire package. The previously unreleased versions on CD 2 is great. I haven't had time to read the liner notes (long and full of good info I'm sure) but it seems to me that the piano has been "turned up" a little bit with the guitars staying about the same which is a great change. The entire sound of both CD's sounds cleaner and the base is deeper as well. Just hearing the studio talk / chatter that goes on while playing was enough for me. You get to hear Otis laughing while some sweet guitar is being played, false starts, etc etc... "The Biggest Thing Since Colossus" has always been one of my all time favorite Peter and Danny recordings and this just made my day, week, month, year.... I ordered it from my local "underground" record shop and it took only about 10 days to arrive.

Al
I agree - these CDs are excellent !!!! ) Look at the one of the previous topic "More unreleased Greeny!" )