View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Ledgie

Default A second Peter Green solo album in the early 1970s

Apparently he was going to make a second solo album after The End of the Game, but it never came to fruition. It was supposed to contain vocal based material, unlike his prior album. The only song that was projected to appear as far as I know was "Sandy Mary", which was released a few years ago by Fleetwood Mac, but I don't think it was an official studio recording. I think there was a BBC recording and a live recording (correct me if I'm wrong).

But anyways, was there any other material that was considered? And why was it never recorded?

I think "Heavy Heart" is a cool tune, and "Beasts of Burden" is great song in my opinion, and if the album would have went along those lines it would have been a great addition to Peter's body of work. But alas, it didn't happen, although I wish we could get those two songs, along with their b-sides, on a legal CD.

Anyways, the 1971-1978 era of Peter Green really intrigues me. Does anybody have any info on his early seventies work or any photos of him from this era? I'd be really appreciative to see/hear anything!