View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Ledgie

When casting a movie based on a true story (or recasting a role for a sequel) I think the trick is not to worry about whether or not the actor resembles the person they are playing... you've just got to look at the actor. Resemblance should be a coincidental and/or superficial matter.

I'd want Liam Neeson to play Mick Fleetwood. The only thing Neeson has in common with him is that they are both extremely tall. However, Neeson has that thing about him that would make him a good Fleetwood. Although Neeson is probably a lot older than Fleetwood was when he was doing Rumours. Could be a problem.

I'd say another good fit for Fleetwood could be Colin Farrell. Movie magic can make people taller or shorter in a film. Farrell has a kind of manic thing about him. I could imagine him doing all the crazy facial expressions behind the drum-kit.

Same with Bradley Cooper as Lindsey Buckingham. They don't look like they were separated at birth or anything - but Cooper has a similar vibe to Buckingham. I was very pleased to see I'm not the only one who thought of it.

Katie Sackhoff (Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica) doesn't look a thing like Stevie Nicks aside from having blonde hair. Yet she has a kind of unique attitude and is attractive in an aggressive way. There's something offbeat about her and that's what an actress playing Nicks would need.

I know I said Sophia Myles as Christine McVie... but whoever suggested Cate Blanchett... that's AWESOME. I'm actually sold on that!

Finally David Tennant as John McVie. He has a similair kind of frame and if they put a little beard on him I reckon he'd be the one cast member who closely resembles the character he's playing the most.

So yeah. That's how I think it should work.