View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I am concerned though, because our government is giving money to Pat Robertson, to further his cause.

And, frankly, that's scary.

It's one thing to write him off as an extemist, but it's another to think that there are powerful people (most especially the President) in our government who are financially backing the hate he espouses.
And it's all coming out of OUR wallets.

That is something to be concerned with, in my opinion... and one of the millions of reasons I won't be voting for Bush again this time.
Interestingly, this is the very reason why the faith based stuff should not happen IMO. I mean despite being a hypocritical, elitist, bigoted, lying, a$$hole, Pat Robertson's charities do perform good work for the suffering around the world. The same could be said for the Catholic Church - I mean just look at Mother Theresa literally for goodness sake. These organizations do a far better job of administering to the poor, etc., than the Fed.'s ever will. Yet, it troubles me that Pat R. is getting any money from the govt. even if it is in the far less dicussed form of tax exemption, much less directly from the faith based charity stuff.

Pat R. said in the beginning he was not going to take the money because he would have to change his ways to comply with the strings attached (See http://www.patrobertson.com/NewsComm...nitiatives.asp )

Yet, now he takes the money

Again, I cannot wait for the Sons of Satan to demand money to support their "Goat Meat Cookout" to feed the poor.

save the cheerleader - save the world