View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Ledgie

Default Just saw them at MSG tonight

They came out of the starting gate with flames coming out of their nostrils. The only very very very minor pause was just before Gypsy, when Stevie forgot to begin her new introduction to the song, but she made up for it. Her intro to Landslide was incredibly heartfelt... someone help me here... I went to the men's room for a minute and when I came back she was telling a tale of some 50 children who sang Landslide to them just that afternoon and it made her burst into tears. She spoke directly to Lindsey at that point and said, "I don't know if you remember when I gave you that cassette..." (her demo for Landslide) "I was just 27 years old and I couldn't play guitar very well... and I gave the tape to Lindsey Buckingham, who can play anything... and he played it back to me and it made me run into the other room and burst into tears. And this afternoon, when those kids sang Landslide to me here in Madison Square Garden, it made me burst into tears again. So tonight, I dedicate this to those 50 children and all of you who have come back to the garden tonight..." then she sang Landslide.

They were incendiary tonight.