View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Perhaps they will. But I don't think it's a gamble they're willing to take at this stage in their careers. And it would be a gamble. People are unlikely to turn out in droves, shelling out ridiculous amounts of cash for a Fleetwood Mac concert
disagree about the concert part. people are turning up to see legendary band while they are still around. like they do for many other iconic bands.... even though most of the main members may be dead or not interested in whatever the band is doing. in FM's case, audiences seem pleasantly surprised how great they actually still are in concert.

i do agree that in FM's specific case, if they loose 2 of their 3 front people in concert, that wouldn't work. neither would replacing one of them (Stevie) however huge the replacement might be... it would make them a lounge act, as someone said . at least imo.

although, you do have examples of parts of 2 legendary bands teaming up for shows singing each others songs and doing apparently really well (Queen and Bad Company?), but i personally don't like that.

most of the people turning up at FM shows don't care one bit whether FM has new songs or not and who is a part of those songs. same with other dinosaur bands that can make huge money touring these days. FM having some new songs however, makes them seem relevant and not only nostalgia act, even though they make their money on being a nostalgia act.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"