Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 07:16 AM

Hopelessly Devoted: Michelle Branch on Finding Album Inspiration Amid the Pain of Divorce

Speaking of, what were those albums that did for you what you did for my generation when you were a teen?

One of my first, earliest musical memories was I was literally in the back of my mom’s car and “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac came on. I was living in Arizona and Stevie [Nicks] was the hometown hero. She’s from Arizona, so she was a huge hero for me growing up. Huge influence. Then I remember being 11 or 12 years old when Jagged Little Pill came out. I was at a sleepover, and we were supposed to be asleep and we had MTV on. The “Hand in My Pocket” video came on and we all stopped what we were doing and were like, what is this? I remember both moments vividly because they were moments that were important to me. Shortly after that we snuck out of the house and we all got caught because we were staying at my friend’s house and her dad was our sixth grade teacher and he knew that we were awake, listening to Alanis Morissette. I’ll have that memory for the rest of my life.

Read More: Michelle Branch on Finding Album Inspiration After Divorce: Interview | http://popcrush.com/michelle-branch-...ckback=tsmclip