View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
"It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ” he says. “It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.”
That pretty much says he just didn't want a song playing at all. That song happened to be Rhiannon but he says clearly it wasn't because it was Rhiannon. Whether that's the full truth, we'll never know but that is what he says.

And I think just about everyone seems to be misinterpreting Stevie's ultimatum. It's not like she turned to Mick, John and Christine and said "him or me" and forced them to pick. It would never have played that way. Fleetwood Mac is under a machine now. I'd argue that Mick has very minimal power and Chris and John have basically none. Stevie went to the MANAGEMENT and said that. That's why Irv Azoff was the one on the phone with Lindsey. The managers and promoters are the ones who pretty much run what these people do and they're the ones who would look at that group and say 'Stevie puts butts in seats and if she leaves then we're broke so if she's really serious, then he's out'.
Thank you - I really hadn't interpreted it that way. I thought it was more like it wasn't specifically about the song rhiannon, it was about choosing a song everyone was involved with like the chain. I recognize that was a big leap in my head and your interpretation makes far more sense.

"My songs don't get recorded unless I know they're really going to be good and I'm really going to like them ...so....but they are, you know, ultimately, slightly looney." -Stevie Nicks

Last edited by thepoetinmyhear; 10-11-2018 at 01:23 AM..